Buffs can be purchased with silver or gold in groups of 100 at a time. They apply a flat increase in the EXP gained from each assist, a chance for a better outcome, or a lower chance of using resources during the assist, depending on the buff used.
There are five types of buffs:
- 'Basic Buff' - Bring you 125% as much EXP as the hero is supposed to get in one assist.
- Better Chance Buff - Every assist may reach a big progress. Your hero gets double EXP in one assist when the big progress happens. This buff raises the chance of the big progress by 35%.
- 4 Time Buff - This buff raises the effect of the big progress to 4 times as much EXP as the hero is supposed to get in one assist.
- Resource Free Buff - 50% rate of making the assist free of Exploits, Assist Cards, or Gold.
- Plus One Buff - 10% rate of giving another assist for absolutely free.
Cost and Level RequirementsEdit
Buffs by Level Required:
- Level 20 and higher: Resource Free
- Level 40 and higher: Basic, Better Change
- Level 60 and higher: 4 Times, Plus One
Buffs by Cost (Silver / Gold):
- Plus One: (29,500S / 25G)
- Resource Free: (59,000S / 50G)
- Better Chance: (88,500S / 75G)
- Basic: (88,500S / 75G)
- 4 Times: (236,000S / 200G)
Which Buffs Should I Buy?
Each type of Buff has a purpose that it is best suited for and all are good for something. Below is an analysis I did based upon some simple scenarios and assumptions. Your own situation and needs may differ from what's shown, so please only use it as a guideline or an introduction to using Buffs.
- Plus One: Best choice for those who want to maximize the EXP gained per exploit spent or who want to achieve the most hero EXP growth for a fixed period of cooldown time.
- Resource Free: Best choice to meet the goals of the Plus One below level 60.
- Better Chance: Best choice for those who want to maximize the EXP gained per unit of silver or gold spent to purchase the buffs.
- Basic: (88,500S / 75G): Best choice to meet the goals of the Better Chance below level 60.
- 4 Times: Best choice to maximize EXP gained without any regard to cost (grow the fastest)
Assumptions and Notes
The above advice assumes a baseline rate for what is called the double EXP bonus. This is a doubling that is randomly applied to your assist every so often. Right now, I don't know what the exact rate is, so I've used 20% as a rough estimate. If this rate is increased (without the aid of a buff) the 4 Times Buff becomes a better and better deal. If this rate decreases (because I've overestimated it), then the Better Chance Buff becomes a better and better deal. The other buffs deal with other things. I've also used my own numbers (as of this writing, 288 exploits per assist and 6746 EXP gained as a baseline) in order to run these scenarios.